View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #29
Jakes On A Plane
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
I have no problem with sounding like a jerk. The truth hurts.

Also, as for the bolded part. Your "out of towner" BENEFITED from the default. She now gets to go to finals when in fact, had the match been played, she wouldn't have been in the lineup and wouldn't be going to state. If you're going to be a member of a team, be a member and commit to the schedule. If you can't, then you can't, but don't expect a captain to cheat the system by bending the rules and their own ethical moral ground... something that you did.

I could care less if this was a big issue or not, that's not the point. The point is, if this minor bending of rules is OK now, what else will be OK later. That's the big picture here.
I didn't say nobody ended up benefiting from this situation. I was saying, in a normal situation nobody benefits from defaults. One player or players ends up not getting to play. In this situation however, I decided to let one of my players benefit from a default, so they could compete with their teammates and friends later on. If there is no game to be played in the first place, then I'm not taking away from the game by doing this.

Your code of ethics sounds more like fire and brimstone tennis. No matter what tennis code you follow, there are always going to be inconsistencies and grey areas for you as a captain. I think as long as you are looking out for your team and not doing things at the expense of the game, then you are probably on the right track to being a good captain.
Jakes On A Plane is offline   Reply With Quote