View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #43
Mustard
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands View Post
US Open was much faster than it has been for the past several years. And who said, that the speed of the HC should be as fast as carpet? You are making absurd assumptions, just to refute them and thus "prove" your point. Pathetic.
There you go putting words in my mouth again. I said that some people were saying that hardcourts should be speeded up, when the main reason for the court speeds going down on the tour is the new racquet and string technology, combined with the slow fazing out of carpet courts from 1997-2007, and the change of Wimbledon grass to 100% Rye in September 2001. 2002 Wimbledon was the slowest Wimbledon I've ever seen. No other Wimbledon comes close to being as slow, either before or since.

If people want faster conditions, then bringing back carpet courts is the obvious answer. Going on about hardcourts needing to be speeded up is odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands View Post
US Open was easily as fast as Cincinnati years back. Tell us how successful Nadal is in Cincinnati?

Why is odd for US Open to be fast? Odd
Cincinnati is the fastest North American hardcourt on tour, and I've never thought that the US Open was as fast as Cincinnati. I've tried to tell you about the vital technological factor involved in the last 10-15 years, making it easier to hit a lot of hard spin, which makes the surfaces look slower than the older days, but you weren't having it.

Last edited by Mustard : 11-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote