View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #41
Tennis_Hands
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
We shall never know
Oh, but we know.

Countless efforts to win at the WTF or Cincy say a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
I already have elaborated, I don't know what else I can tell you. The reason conditions are more homogeneous today than in the past, is a combination of the modern technology, the fazing out of carpet courts until they totally disappeared from tour and the change of Wimbledon grass from 70% Rye to 100% Rye. And yes, the differences between speed on different courts have narrowed over the years as well, but this factor is totally exaggerated compared to the other factors (i.e. the technology and the fazing out of carpet courts).
The bolded part is your opinion, and not a fact. And, going from what I have seen with my own eyes, I would say, that you are wrong.

You have not elaborated. You clearly stated, that racket and string technology are responsible for the slowing of the courts, but did not explain how this exactly happens. My own experience says, that different courts play in a differrent way with exactly the same racket and string setup. The differences for me as an amateur can be felt very clearly! I can only imagine what it means for the Pros.

So, the question is, if what you say is true, and everything is dependant on the racket and string setup, how is that possible?

How is it possible, that Pros like Federer and Nadal are having different results, depending on the speed and the bounce of the surface, if the racket and string setup is so decisive, and the differences between the surfaces are "negligible" as you put it?

That is, what you should elaborate on.