View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #81
MikeHitsHard93
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirut View Post
BTW, Mike, I recently experimented my Redondo with a wierdo string preparation -- and it gave me a TON of pop and a very large sweet spot.

What I did was I 'stretched' the whole 10+ meters of the Gosen OG Micro 16 to the extent that it was sorta dead. Not like the usual pre-stretch thing, but actually stretching really hard to kill the string. Then I strung it at 52 lbs. OMG! Why haven't I tried this earlier! God knows from where the power came, and this with the usual control.

At first I didn't know how powerful it was, but it was really plush. I let my hitting partner try it just for the feel which then only I realized how powerful the string set up was. The balls came in heavier than his usual K90.

Note: I didn't care how long the strings would last me as it's a cheap syn. But I think I really got much more than its worth.

So, power is certainly not from the racket alone, but from the right string set up (and string preparation) too.

(I think there may be too many factors for you to digest about your midsize curiosity by now.)
Alright if I decide to purchase one then I will probably order it with lightning haha. Tbd
MikeHitsHard93 is offline   Reply With Quote