View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #185
ninman
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycal View Post
What are these half dozen classic songs? I have the VU on my ipod, and there's really only a few songs I enjoy hearing on a a regular basis. I skip the rest.

But who 'needed' who more? The Beatles were going to do innovative things with or without Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys. Not so sure the opposite is true.

If Kansas has another song besides the acceptable but not exceptional "Carry on my wayward son", I'm not aware of it.

As for Queen, I'm sorry, but it's not our fault that their most popular songs are the only ones known to mankind. Furthermore, in my cursory investigation into their other songs, I've found only one I could bear listening to so far. So many of them seem to have a distinctly "Another one bites the dust" feel to them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Freddie Mercury had an Elvis problem: phenomenal singer, but few wonderful songs.
I'm not sure if these posts are serious, or just plain trolling. Brian Wilson was already moving away from Surf stuff well before Pet Sounds. The "Today" album does not have a single surfing or car song on it. Also Smile was not inspired by The Beatles.

Next, Freddie Mercury was one of the primary song writers for Queen. He wrote 10 of the 17 songs on their greatest hits album. Bohemian Raphosdy, Sombody to Love, Love of my Life, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Don't Stop Me Now, We Are The Champions, Seven Seas of Rhye. Freddie Mercury was a terrific song writer.
ninman is offline   Reply With Quote