View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #187
heycal
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninman View Post
I'm not sure if these posts are serious, or just plain trolling. Brian Wilson was already moving away from Surf stuff well before Pet Sounds. The "Today" album does not have a single surfing or car song on it. Also Smile was not inspired by The Beatles.
Can you tell us what some of these great songs are? I can't think of them. Good Vibrations? Anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninman View Post
Next, Freddie Mercury was one of the primary song writers for Queen. He wrote 10 of the 17 songs on their greatest hits album. Bohemian Raphosdy, Sombody to Love, Love of my Life, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Don't Stop Me Now, We Are The Champions, Seven Seas of Rhye.
You just proved my case better than I could, Ninman. Most of these songs aren't great. Bohemian Rhaphosdy, yes. Everything else listed? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dParis View Post
Dust? Wind?

Dude...
Oh, yes. That middling piece of work. I think remembered another song of theirs earlier in the day as well, but I've already forgotten it. Not surprising, since they weren't a particularly distinguished band.

Hell, just be thankful solo artists aren't included here, dParis, because Neil Young has at least twice as many great songs as Queen and Kansas put together. He'd be way up there.
heycal is offline   Reply With Quote