View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #7348
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14 View Post
I was interested to see how he would do at Spurs, he said he learnt from his mistakes at Chelsea and he would change. From the outside it doesn't seem like he has.
I don't think that's a fair assertion - at Chelsea his biggest problem was his inability to get through to the team and to really motivate them. There was a huge discord between him and the senior players in the team and when such a thing exists your days will always be numbered. Chelsea were a winning side under him but he wasn't able to effectively communicate with the team.

At Spurs, I haven't heard of any such discord, the only big thing I've noticed about Spurs every time I've watched them under AvB is that they always seem ill-prepared. As well, he's proved that his tactics suck when he doesn't have a plethora of world-class players to call upon.

What happened to him at Chelsea and the reasons for it are completely different from what's happening to him now. With Chelsea, it was down to his lack of communication. With Spurs, he's getting found out tactically.