View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #7350
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14 View Post
I thought his tactics against Arsenal were pretty good, going with 2 strikers was bold and what the Tottenham fans I know had been wanting to see. They were brilliant before the sending off.

I noticed he still crouches down on the touchline and someone commented how the players pay no attention to him on the side, which is a problem. I've no idea how his relationship is with the players, it seems to be good enough for now.
Interesting thoughts. Yeah Spurs were good for the first 20 minutes or so, but I think that had more to do with being a goal to the good against their rivals. Sometimes you don't need to be motivated to have a good start in a derby, you're fired up as is and you want to go out and impress. The 2 striker thing is down to AvB, as you say, but I think most managers these days would play a similar system against a team that lets you have time on the ball to play some nice football, and also because the squad is loaded with good strikers and attacking players. I certainly wouldn't play 1 striker in a derby match when 4th place is potentially at stake. Not doing so would be cowardly.