View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
darklore009
Professional

Tension used for playtest: 54 ibs

Regular string set up: Topspin Cyberflash 17lg, Gosen OG Mirco 17g

Racquet brand and model used for test: Prince o3 Speedport Black

Stringing: The string itself seems to be promising from looking at it and playing around with it, but after i start the mains, it changed. The string has a coating that would make a streaking sound when pulling the strings. Wouldnt say it's the worst, but it's not the best mutli to string with. 6.9/10

Power of test string: Seems decent in power. I couldnt hit as hard as i want to because that ball would fly over to the fence. When swinging the racket at a long, slow swing, the string provides that power to make it over the net and lands in no mans land. 8.6/10

Feel: The feel isn't quite there. I couldn't connect the ball when i strike it. It only has a slight feel when the string makes contact with the ball. It's not enough to feel to make a full connection to the ball. 5.7/10

Spin: This string is average when it comes to spin. I use very flat and intense topspin in my groundstrokes. These string gives enough spin to company me when using a western forehand to create that intense topspin. 7.8/10

Comfort: I have mixed feelings towards this string. It feels stiff and comfortable at the same time. The string did give a good amount of pop, and up at net, gives an average feel when trying to put away a point. I think the coating is a factor that makes the string stiff. 7.5/10

Durability: I don't break strings like a stringbreak would, but these strings hold up just fine. it takes a while until you get through the first layer and into the internal layer. 8.0/10

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): I left the racket there for about 4 hours before i left to the court. It did lose a bit of tension. However, after that, it became almost stable after that. I notice slight drop in playability, but not to the factor that affects your game. 8.2/10

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): When i swing fast, the ball would fly and it become uncontrollable. When swinging with a long, slow swing, it's really easy to control the ball and place them anywhere in the court. I would say this string is built for recreational players than a competitive player like me. 8.5/10

Compare to the string you use most often: This string did took some break-in. The string that I use requires me to swing the ball fast and give power and control. For this, you kinda have to let the racket and string do the work for you. I can use this for warmups and use my original setup when playing matches.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I think i should go at the same tension as a poly. It would solve the problem have having that stiff feeling.

Overall: Decent, one of the durable mutli out there than the one i tried. Even though it doesn't suit my gamestyle, but it opens to recreational players that wanted an unfair advantage over the court.
7.5/10
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
1. Provides power and control for those playing recreational
2. Tension stability
Dislikes
1. break-in time
2. Stiff feeling