View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #38
tennis tom
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 View Post

...This guy at the courts needed someone to play...

...I knew I could beat him so I was content to just hit on the far side facing the sun which was I mean straight in your eyes.

...Then he wanted to play sets.

I know where you're coming from, the guys a *****. You're doing him a favor by playing with him and he's so self centered he forgets it in a minute. It comes under the category of, "Let no good deed go unpunished." You cater to all his whims, taking the sun side, obliging him to play sets, kick his *** and he thanks you by being a sore loser--I bet you'll were playing with your balls too.

You need to get something out of this too, so why not practice your B and C game, that's legit. What I do in situations like that is, every once in a while, pop a big serve or ground stroke winner to remind them who the boss is, or knife an extreme slice that they've probably never seen, that hovers like a flying saucer and they shank off. Once again, you're doing the guy a favor and he repays you by being and ungrateful jerk--that's the world we live in today.