View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #75
FloridaAG
Professional

Tension used for playtest 47 Pounds

Regular string set up - Had been Pro Supex Big Ace at 52-53 - Recently changed to Genesis Black Magic at 52

Racquet brand and model used for test - Dunlop M-Fill 200+

Power of test string - Average, which is what I am looking for in a Poly. If anything, perhaps slightly underpowered

Feel - I thought the stings had excellent fell. Far better than the other Polys I have been playing with lately. Frankly, I enjoyed the feel at the net I had with these strings.

Spin - Average for topspin, better than average for slice. I hit forehands with extreme western grip so topspin is never a problem and this produced good amount

Comfort - I knew that this was a relatively stiff poly which tend to aggravate by elbow and shoulder so I dropped the tension below where I normally play. It turned out to be fine for me - Actually quite comfortable - far more comfortable than the Volkl Cyclone that I had tried recently and was far to harsh for me.

Durability - No issues after 5 hours of play.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) - I did not notice much if any change at all in the 5 hours I have on the strings.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) - Excellent control, directional, height, few mis-hits - I felt the string was quite strong.

Compare to the string you use most often - Was a reminder to me of how much I liked Kirschbaum in the past. I am likely switching although may try-out Proline II (which I used to use) and X before deciding

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) - I think I chose the right tension.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
- No dislikes. I liked the comfort, control, playability, feel, everything about the string.

Thanks TW. While I tried to opt out of these after relaizing how stiff they are, I am glad I did not as I will likely be switching.
FloridaAG is offline   Reply With Quote