View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #149
TMF
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1 View Post
As Hoodjem wrote, of course you would think so.

Fact is that players have been super dominant in the past in men's and women's tennis and the average winning percentage in men's and women's tennis is 50%. No I don't think Federer's 17 is tough than Graf's 22 and Graf's 22 isn't even the record. All Graf faced was Martina Navratilova, Hingis, Sanchez-Vicario, Seles, Sabatini, Evert, Davenport etc. All weak players and if you believe that I'd like to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

Honestly I think Bill Tilden would have been easily in the mid twenties or higher if there was airplane travel like today and he wanted to enter all the majors.

Yes tennis is unique in that they had geniuses not allowing the best players to play the top tournaments for the longest time and that also affected the classic majors record. I've pointed this out to you many times but you haven't acknowledged it.
We just have to disagree. I'm not basing only on Graf, but all female great players have racked up insane numbers, much higher than the male players. It is that trend that I believe it's easier to dominate in the women's tour.

It's due to having more male tennis players than female players that determined the strengh of the field. I could be wrong, but since men have always dominated the sport, it's likely there are more male athletes.
TMF is online now   Reply With Quote