View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
10ismom
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarTennis View Post
...is that many kids go to the tournaments and are not being scouted but crossed off list. Why? The tourney reveals via 1st round massacres, that their are vast numbers of uncompetitive kids at nationals. Maybe explains why those college coaches then turnaround dole out the spoils of 4.5 scholarships to international players.

All that said, I am not discouraging all of you dedicated tennis parents for working to get what you think is right. I just am buying in that regional development, less travel, more planned player physical/mental growth and development is the efficient pathway for a speculative journey.

If a successful mutiny occurs then the way I've chosen to proceed or endorse if largely unaffected.
You might have missed the experience or your children have not played many tournaments yet. There are massacres in 1st round and deeper at EVERY levels.

Look at your local tournaments, sectionals, ITFs, even at pro levels etc. Many times you might not see competitive matches till the finals.

Nothing is unique to nationals.

The fact that the new schedule will not affect us does not mean that we have to agree or accept it.