View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #78
drkplayer122
Rookie

I am using my modded up Head IG Radical MP at 40 #s
Power of test string= I thought that this string was pretty medium powered compared to the many different polys I tried. I got pretty good depth on my shots but it is still a little bit lower than my usual TB.

Feel= I thought the string was pretty muted compared to other polys. You can feel there is a slight feeling of crispness but it just didn't satisfy my needs of crispness
Spin= I thought this was average for a smooth poly. I had to adjust my strokes a bit but nothing major.
Comfort= I thought this what i really liked about the string. It is very comfortable and "plush" for a poly. In hand, it seemed that it was going to be pretty stiff but that wasn't the case.
Durability= I typically dont break polys so I can't really judge it. I do see couple of places where notching is occuring after 6 hrs of play.
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)= Despite the "pre-stretch" by KB, I felt a tension drop at the 3rd hour of play. It was a really big drop off but it was enough to be noticed.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)= This is another plus side to this string. I thought that I knew where the ball was going every time. I really liked hitting a moderate topspin shot with it DTL with the string. So much precision and decent spin
Compare to the string you use most often= TB16 at 40 is my go-to full poly job. SSO gives me a more predictable ball compared to TB. SSo is better than TB for me is control and comfort. The rest TB is the hands down victor.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
I think i would've strung a # or 2 higher to tighten it up to get a better response off the string bed
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes
Liked= Control
Comfort
Dislike= I would say spin since I don't really enjoy smooth polys as much.

Thanks again to TW and KB for the playtest!