View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #79
bigmalik76
Rookie

Tension used for playtest- 48 lbs on a Constant Pull machine.
Regular string set up
- Currently trying Multi Mains(@58lbs) and Poly crosses(@52lbs), Last had Babolat Addiction M and Lux 4G C
Racquet brand and model used for test- Head Youtek Speed Pro
Power of test string- I would not really say this string is powerful but it did have some pop, and for a Poly it had some power as well.

Feel
- For my liking the feel was slightly muted but not to a point that I was bothered or would not play the string. I looked at it as a little trade off, although this was really a slightly muted feel.
Spin
- I really liked the string in this category. Although I would not categorize it as a spin string I felt I did get ample spin from this string and has a nice pace on the spin as well. Like the string both for Top Spin and slice but would give the edge to topspin.
Comfort- I think this is the area were the string really shined. I was a little bit reserved for the full bed of Poly as I had some elbow tenderness after an injury but I really did not have any issues at all and was really surprised. I really enjoyed the comfort of the string.

Serve-
I really like this string on serve. Great control and spin for my kick serve, and pace and control on flat 1st serves.
Volleys –
On volleys I did miss that feel a little bit. Although control was there and I would say it was good, I personally prefer a bit more feel at the net.
Durability
- Not an issue for me so far. I have about 4 hours on the string now and have not noticed that the string has gone “dead” or lost playability. I will update this at a later point. I noticed some tension loss around the 6 hour mark but not to a point where the playability suffered noticeably just a bit loser string bed.
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)-

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
- I really like the string on control and that was another area were the string shined in my opinion. I really enjoyed the control I had with the string, both directionally (tight/left) as well as controlling the depth of the shots.
Compare to the string you use most often

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
The tension worked for me, I would not go any lower but also did not feel the need to go higher. I would maybe try it @50 and @52 incrementing but I had no tension complaints @48. Worked for me.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.-
I really enjoyed the comfort this string gave me especially for a full bed poly. I thought this was a solid string all around and I liked that the string performed in all areas. I think I really like the string on serve and will definitely get some sets to try out in some hybrid setup as well. I would definitely recommend this string.

Thank You TW for the opportunity.

Last edited by bigmalik76 : 11-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.
bigmalik76 is offline   Reply With Quote