View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #24
monfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
Throw Sampras in today's slowcourt era and he would do jack s**t.

See how easy that was?
As if I'm debating Sampras's one-dimensional game, he wasnt as complete as some ppl make him out to be. He's like the other end of the spectrum(the fast one). So ofcourse Sampras would win diddly squat in this era,apart from a couple of Wimbys and USOs.

Quote:
And who said anything about Nadal being GOAT, the OP was comparing their stats about the top 10.
Got it,boss.

Quote:

I have to give out an obvious TROLLOLOL to you since you compare Nadal's clay prowess to Muster/Bruguera. So you're saying that, in the 90's, not only would Nadal get murdered on any non-clay court but even on clay he couldn't reach a better status than a Muster(1 RG) or Bruguera(2 RG).
Nope, thats not what I meant. Ralph would be one of the best clay courters in the 90s too, I just dont see him doing well off clay in the 90s at all tbh(Ok Ill throw in an AO for you but that's being generous with Agassi around). I don't know why this is so hard for you to digest?
As far as clay itself goes, let's face it, Ralph never played anyone of the caliber of Guga/Borg. The closest he came to playing a hardcore claycourter was Coria who almost beat him in that Rome final. His best competition was Federer who basically was easy pickings for Ralph on clay with his lefty lasso FH. As great a player Fed is overall, he aint no Kuerten.

In short, as good a volleyer Fed is, he ain't no Edberg/Mcenroe. See, I can face facts ,why cant you?

Quote:
I don't remember who said it first but he/she was right, we are indeed living in a weak trolling era.
LOL chill.