View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #80
Chace
Semi-Pro

Tension used for playtest-52lbs

Regular string set up-Black Magic at 52lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test- Tecnifibre tfight 320 16x19

Power of test string- For a poly it was about average. I would say it had about the same power as black magic.

Feel- I liked the feel. It's hard to describe, but I would have to say crisp yet soft if that makes sense.

Spin- Compared to black magic I would say it had more spin. Spin was above average. I really liked the spin on my backhand slice. Really stayed low to the court.

Comfort- For a poly it was really comfortable. I would put it on par with black magic which I feel is really comfortable for a poly.

Durability- To me this is the downside. The string broke after about 5 hours of hitting.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)- The playability was great for the first 4 hours or so. Held tension great. Good spin and bite on the ball. After the 4th hour it seemed to lose a bit of its playability. Didn't get the same spin or bite on the ball for the last hour until the string broke around the five hour mark.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)- control was great. I had confidence going after all my shots. Good pace on flat serves and excellent spin on slice serves and kick serves. The serves seemed a little heavier in terms of spin or the amount of action on the ball. Felt great at the net. Excellent touch and feel on drop shots and volleys. String bed was predictable and honest.

Compare to the string you use most often- It was very comparable to black magic in terms of comfort. I liked the feel of the test string better, felt a little more crisp. The test string seemed to have a tad more spin and bite on most shots. Black magic seems to retain its playability until it breaks around the 6 hour mark whereas the test string dropped off after 4 hours or so and then broke around he 5 hour mark.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)- No I wouldn't change the tension.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.- liked the feel and the spin and bite it provided on all shots. Dislikes would be drop off in playability and breaking around the 5 hour mark.

Thank you to TW and Kirschbaum for the opportunity.
Chace is offline   Reply With Quote