View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #7359
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14 View Post
I know the feeling! It would be great if we still had Drogba, just to see what he would do with Mata, Hazard and Oscar. He didn't have that kind of service when he was here, i'd love to see him bullying both centre backs whilst they ran riot in the gaps.. ahh well.

I see the papers are laying into Chelsea already, describing how it's all fallen apart and Di Matteo will be gone soon. It's a load of crap, we're closer in the title race than I, or any 'pundit' thought at the start of the season. Whilst being in a fight to get out of the group stages of the Champions League was always likely, Shakhtar and Juventus are great teams.

The problems that the papers blame the manager for are stupid, Terry being missing and injured, Cole injured, Lampard injured, Torres as hopeless as ever, Essien and Meireles moved on. The squad is thin, hardly the managers fault.
Yeah I don't think Roberto is going to be sacked, he'll be given a full season at the least; Roman owes it to him.

Though are you starting to see what I was getting at regarding letting Meireles and Ess leave? Raul would have fit in perfectly right now and Ess is doing alright in Spain, it seems he's fit in their system better than Modric has. Chelsea is desperate for experience at the center of the park. And Essien can cover in defense too. Cole's off to PSG, Lamps is gone in January, and now the boss will go too if the press are right Lukaku should come back. So should de Brunye.

(but to be fair Essien needed to get out of England, he's still young-ish and great when fit, but all those years in the Premier League have taken a toll on his knees. Perhaps a refresher in Spain is all he needed, perhaps he'll be able to last a season there. With that being said, Chelsea were dumb to let him leave after a decent preseason and fit, I personally think he'll be this year's "Sneijder", meaning the cog that just makes the team work infinitely better, straight into the Champions League title like Mou did before at Inter, he got Wesley at a bargin price and he just was the piece that was missing to make the team work. Madrid need an all-action defender/midfielder who's got speed, size, a wicked shot off both feet, and the ability to move forward. He's played left back before under Mou and he could fit in as a wingback at Madrid, kind of like Coentrao who tends to drift into the center of the park to help with the attack)

Madrid didn't need Modric, his best role is already taken up by Alonso and now he's forced out on the wing, where creativity goes to die. Essien fits in wherever Madrid need him and adds a rocket shot from range.

Last edited by NickC : 11-19-2012 at 07:39 PM.
NickC is offline   Reply With Quote