Originally Posted by TennisLovaLova
[SKYFALL SPOILERS INSIDE]
the ending was 100% Home Alone style
Bond planting trapps all over the house and waiting for the villains to come
what? he doesnt have a cell phone to call his friends at MI6 for help?
and what was that back stabbing in the end? not very bond style, no?
watched it yesterday... on Imax
what a waste of time, dont believe the hype, skyfall is the worst Bond ever IMO
here are my arguments:
1. what happened to that stolen agent list?
2. open court meeting with MI6 and the press: yes of course it happens all the time and the press is invited...
3. the villain's LOL escape, lame and stupid. At first Bardem seems a great villain, just to appear plain stupid on the second half of the movie
4. Bond could have called for backup when Silva arrived at the end. But of course, there's no cell phone in Scotland!
5. how did bond survive that fall in the beginning? and the shot? who and how was he saved? no explanation whatsoever
6. the bond girl gets killed? Bond doesnt care at all, no reaction...
7. Bond follows a criminal, lets him go into a building and kill 3/4 people before fighting him. no very Bond
8. Stupid and predictable script: "Only 6 people in the world can write this code" Bond "can you break it" Q "I invented it"
I laughed so hard at this
bad script, horrible plot, stupid conclusion and most important: they transformed James Bond into a stupid character
I also thought Skyfall was a massive disappointment as a Bond movie, here are my reasons:
1) It wasn't clever at all. If this wasn't a Bond movie, I would have been fine with it. But for a Bond movie, this was not clever at all.
2) It wasn't stylish aside from the introduction (those are always great, especially the Daniel Craig era). To me, Bond's character values form over function. The stuff may not work well, but he'll use it if it's pretty enough. James Bond is known for his sense of style, demanding the finest, and often unnecessary grooming for the occasion. There were bits and pieces here and there, but the movie wasn't bathed in style like Casino Royale was.
3) The villain was a joke. It was almost as if they wrote the movie, and forgot to write in a villain. And to show that we gave this character some thoughts, we'll make him a bit of an oddball and extra annoying.
4) Aside from M, all of the side characters were also a joke. M and Bond could have stayed on screen for all 2 hours and a half and I may not even notice the lack of a supporting cast.
5) Two and a half run time is fine, just don't bore me for a hour and give me the substance of 90mins. And no, I don't need a 5 minute lecture on rats and coconuts on the set of Inception. If you watched the movie, you know what I'm talking about.
Casino Royale remains as my favorite 007 film.