View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #75
smirker
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam45 View Post
Smirker... I didn't make any mods to my Ki5, so I'm playing with it in stock form. At first I experimented with adding lead to 3 and 9, and then just 12 o'clock, but it didn't work for me. I found the racquet to have less control when it was leaded, but that was just my experience. I realize everyone will have different experiences based on their playing style, arm strength, level, etc.

I tried many soft strings and even full natural gut with the Ki5, and though really comfy, for it still lacked the "pop" that I desired . The poly string @ 50lbs was the secret ingredient for me. If you desire a more stable feel, I would give it a try.
Thanks for the feedback Mine now weighs 120z with 4g at the tip and an over grip being the only additions other than replacing the stock grip. All my rackets seem to end up this weight, regardless of their weight when I buy them. I have a poly/syngut hybrid in it which play much better than the softer strings I have tried so far. A work in progress but so far, so good.