View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #91
chrischris
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmx View Post
On this earth, we are supposed to be responsible. The article just shows how little we are. I think civilization can basically be compared to a credit card. We buy now, and pay later....not realizing the consequences in time. As individuals, we can actually make a difference. Switching off a light globe not in use, may not sound as much if one person do it...but if millions do it, it makes a difference. The problem is that we are blunt and do not care enough. We selfishly "buy now" and will probably "pay later"
Will the world perish? Probably...no matter what we do to try and prevent it...(we should do what we can though) - and maybe focus more on things that really matter....extreme poverty vs. extreme wealth, is problematic for me...it is making us more and more selfish, and less and less concerned of those who do struggle.
So many of us, are hectically wealthy, yet we want more and more...strangling earth and people around us for our own selfish wants. If we can learn to be content with the wealth we do actually have, we will take less .

“Do what is right, though the world may perish”. Immanuel Kant

"Heaven and earth shall pass, but my words shall not pass"

Ok, but we are NOT born blunt and selfish.
We are born to be fair and democratic.
chrischris is offline   Reply With Quote