Thread: Switch to 1HBH?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Mongolmike
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallic24 View Post
I feel this same way as KenC. Personally I love the 1hbh and its an absolute joy to watch and hit with. And yes I have to work on it a lot more than any other stroke and it does break down for no good reason sometimes. But when its on, the shots, the pace , the angles I get is well worth it. Plus I have a pretty good slice backhand so if my 1hbh is just misfiring one day I just go to that.

I find that if I prepare properly and weight transfer right, my 1hbh is a harder flatter shot that my forehand. See what works for you but I'm a little biased.
I think bhallic, KenC and I are on the same page.
What works for some doesn't always work for others, but my 1HBH is also harder and flatter than my topspin FH. Shouldn't be a surprise because I have a big loop "C" on my forehand takeback... but when I connect on the 1HBH... it rips.

In fact, even tho I hit, I dunno, 80% FHs?... its the outright winners from my BH that make me smile the most. I can hit many, many more FH winners, or aces, or put away volleys... but it was that one cross court BH winner I ripped which still makes me smile after the match is over.
Mongolmike is online now   Reply With Quote