View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo1970 View Post
I have read similar reviews, that Dunlop is going for a more 'modern' feel, which I guess means Babolat tinny feel.

Its a shame because the 'traditional' feel of Dunlop rackets is what makes them special. I just hope some of the 'Classic' range have kept the traditional feel to them.

I'm going off Silk too. It just feels......weird. I'm tempted to just stick in a decent nylon for now, at least I don't mind and know where I am with nylon.

Maybe the M3.0 just needs a re-string to improve feel.

What is it you mean by 'tinny'? Do you mean that feel you get when you hit with a lower end alloy racket?
Are you currently trying a demo too?

By "tinny" I mean, not solid and stable feeling. Hard to put into words exactly...like tasting a wine. Reminded me of the prior year Pure Drive's. Almost like a non-descript "blah" feeling on impact....not one that you remember and want to hit again and again. Also very "crisp" feeling...not plush and full feeling.

Perhaps that is why the TW reviewers as a whole, were very luke warm on it? Just kind of a "non memorable" hitting experience. Again...this is with their Silk string at their tension.. I haven't really liked ANY racquet yet with that string in it.

Last edited by JackB1 : 11-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.
JackB1 is offline   Reply With Quote