View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
Alohajrtennis
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by usta10sfan View Post
I really enjoy reading these messages. It makes me understand how lucky I am to live in America.

My son is playing junior tennis and would like to play in a national championship. Instead of whining about the USTA, he is trying to stay home and get better by playing lots of good players near his home. If he doesn't qualify from his Section (Florida) then he doesn't deserve to compete with the best (and judging from these messages maybe a lot who aren't the best).
Why is "instead of" ? Are the players whose parents are "whiners" not practicing hard too ? How do you know that ? Can't they do both ? Why is that people who object to USTA changes are whiners ? Because we don't accept everything the USTA says as if were handed down from Mt. Zion? So, if the USTA follows Wayne Bryan's principles to the logical extreme and makes the national tournament a 17 player tournament, 1 player from each section, you would be cool with that ?

By the way, good for you that he lives in Florida and has plenty of good players near his home. Not everyone is so fortunate. Instead of insulting people, why not take some time to understand the complexity of the issues.

Welcome to the board.