Thread: Price Fixing
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
gavna
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers4Life View Post
There is California State Law that states if a product goes down in price within 30 days after purchase, you are entitled to the difference in price as long as the price still applies. Though, I don't know if that applies to on-line or phone order prices. TW has always been cool in the past about price changes.

Authorize dealers cannot advertise a price lower than the Minimum Authorized Price (MAP). That is "Price Fixing". Any authorized dealer may face sanctions by the Manufacturer if they advertise a lower price. I've seen this happen to a local tennis shop near my house. They opened a website and sold some rackets, far below the MAP. The Manufacturer prevented them from buying directly from the Manufacturer, and had to buy from other dealers/wholesalers. Technically they were no longer an Authorized Dealer, until the Manufacturer lifted the sanction against them. As a result they no longer have a website, but still technically sell below the MAP in the walk in store, because it's not publicly advertised. Basically you can sell a product below MAP, as long as you don't advertise it.

Do a search on "Price Fixing Tennis" and you will find a very interesting article. In this case the OP is Not correctly using the term.
Exactly.....also just about any retailer with solid customer service will honor pricing updates within reasonable limits......
gavna is offline   Reply With Quote