View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
tennisoh
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 View Post
Whoa. Didn't expect this many responses,so can't address each point individually, sorry for that. He's a basic decent player, not a very good mover though. So when he challenged me to play this match I wanted to kill him. I felt the right tactic was to just play smart defense, which I can do very well, only go for my shots when up 30-love or 40-15. I played to kill him, knowing my movement and consistency would do the trick. Actually not a pusher, I can play and win USTA tournaments, can beat nationally ranked players. But when I play B or C level players I use my B or C game, why bother using your A game with a weak player? When he called me a pusher I took it as an insult and responded in kind. WHy take any disrespect from a C level dog? The deal is to respect everyone but not to endure any BS from anyone. Ever. At least that's my method.
So you wanted to kill him, but then you push and play your B or C level game? That makes no sense. Then again, this whole story describes not one, but two players I hope I never have to play against. This whole tennis outing sounded like a terrible time.
tennisoh is offline   Reply With Quote