View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
President
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Although I cant stand her Sharapova will probably end up with about 7 majors and be regarded as an all time great, on par or above Venus and Henin due to her career Slam. Azarenka will probably end up with 5 or 6 and be regarded a borderline all time great atleast. Not neccessarily far behind Djokovic's eventual standing in the mens games, and likely well above Murray's when all are said and done.

Even evaluating all as currently are Sharapova has won 4 majors and has the Career Slam, Djokovic has won 5 and doesnt have the Career Slam. Azarenka is a slam winner and year end #1, and was within a whisker of her 2nd slam in the same year. Murray is a slam winner who has never reached #1. I dont see the edge, unless you consider Nadal who apart from the early slow hard court season was an irrelevance to Federer this year (they didnt play on clay, then Nadal was AWOL the remainder). Anyway if you believe most of this forum Nadal is washed up off of clay (possibly true when he hasnt won a non clay title since 2010 now) and Federer is probably washed up on clay, so they barely co exist anymore.
Djokovic is a much greater player than Sharapova ever will be(and I like Maria and dislike ****). He's had much more consistency over the last 5 years and has been no one's pigeon. He'll end up with more majors and more titles overall, as well as going deep in basically every event he's played in for the last 5 years as well as total domination last year. Compare their career prize money so far for a comparison of their overall career (fair because they are the same age, so inflation isn't a factor), Djokovic has much more frequently been a factor at the latter end of tournaments for years now.

Murray again has been a much bigger factor for the past 4 years than Azarenka and his problems were to do with the players in front of him rather than just having a weak game like Azarenka.

And we haven't even mentioned Nadal yet, who IMO is probably a better champion than Serena herself (not to invoke TMF, but Tennis Channel agrees, having Serena at #14 all time and Nadal at #6).
I know you are a big fan of the WTA and Serena in particular it seems, but there is a big difference in level and ability between the top of the WTA and ATP right now.

Last edited by President : 11-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.
President is online now   Reply With Quote