View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
President
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
I wish.

At the beginning of Raonic match, Roddick was bad.

His serve was pretty bad, or should I say 15-20 MPH slower for the majority of the match. He went for a couple of big ones in the 3rd set and by big I mean 115mph(yikes)

As the match wore on he got a little more competent hitting groundies, and showed that he still has an underated net game(even in retirement)

But Roddick wanted to win waaaaay more then Milos. It was good to see Roddick actually kind of fighting for the match toward the end of it...but it was sad to know that it was just a one of Exo.

I wish Roddick would have taken NOT retired, but instead taken like 3 months off to rest, recover, rehabilitate the hamburger helper shoulder and then make a calculated slow come back with about 6-8 weeks of training leading into the Aussie Open.

I believe HAD Roddick taken the 3 months off to heal, without announcing his retirement, he could have come back and been a bit more rejuvenated Physically and mentally. The fact is though that Roddick has instead just been eating fried food, getting fat and living the good life. I think a part of him missed the competition and would love to compete again...but the commitment....it's too much....

...and to come back from doing jack squat for 3 months would taken some serious leg work. It's a shame he isn't hungry enough to try...

signed - grieving Roddick fan....
I think Roddick just realized that winning a major or even Masters title was a long shot at this point. Yeah he hadn't had any major injuries, but his ground game was never the best and was only going to get worse with time and he lost some explosiveness on the serve. The current top 4 is too strong for someone like Andy to win big titles and he has had a successful enough career that he was never going to be happy for long winning Memphis or Atlanta and calling it a good season.
President is offline   Reply With Quote