View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
tistrapukcipeht
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Thanks for the "non-biased" summary of the thread.
Seems like you and Bobby conveniently pick words that fit your own agenda, and summarize the whole thread.

1) I have worked as an engineer about half of my career, just when bobby got out of college. Then, I was in sales/marketing for the rest of my career.
2) I have met DJ family a few times, parents, brothers, met him twice... Knowing his family means nothing in this thread.
3) I do not mind admiting I am wrong if it can be proven to me (remember, engineer). However, so far, Bobby's been playing a single card - Novak would be crazy to wear the shoes that fit him perfect without getting big $$$$ yet, Murray, was "crazy" for quite a few years. Telling me how crazy it would be to accept the ST/uniqlo deal Limiting him on the shoe deal, yet, Adidas (worth 1000...x) is crazy not to put world's #1 face on their page or have their name on his page.. Maybe it is the sports marketing?

4) I have trained with the top player on these boards who coached at Newcomb's, Sanchez and is currently coaching at Prague's top clubs. He was and is sponsored and has shared some insights.

Again, I am not saying Bobby is wrong or right, and that I have facts. I am just questioning the logic of outdated model shoes, no face on web pages, no single google link on his sponsorship.... And then, the Murray thing that was newer answered....
Sometimes there won't be any explanations for situations, specially in deals that only a few people know about it, that is why Bobby Jr's explanation sound reasonable to what may be the deal.

Players go through shoes faster than most people think, sometimes the deliveries happen to tournament sites sometimes to hotels, their residencies etc... if a player is using older model of shoes it can be for a lot of different reasons, Murray was wearing Nike at the time on clay because he was allowed by Adidas to wear since the Nike may have been a better shoe at the time for Murray, still He was sponsored by Adidas, but Murray is/was a different case.

Djokovic, the number 1 player in the world is getting sponsorship money from Adidas, as any top player get paid to wear shoes from a brand. Being on Adidas site or not doesn't mean much, maybe Adidas doesn't want to put Djokovic's picture there because what most people will see is Uniqlo (which pays him to wear clothes in every photo shoot), and that's the last thing Adidas want is someone like Djokovic to be wearing a competitor's apparel on their site - meaning Adidas will be promoting Uniqlo.

Anyway, Bobby Jr is right on the money with what may just as well be what happened in the "Djokovic's case" .