View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #61
Bobby Jr
Legend
 
Bobby Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
1) I have worked as an engineer about half of my career, just when bobby got out of college. Then, I was in sales/marketing for the rest of my career.
Sales-people always think they're in marketing. The bigger the industry and the more specialised the product the more it is the case. They are but a single cog of what marketing is - which is why I surmise your self-professed expertise in marketing is in fact very niche. Notwithstanding your debating points on this specific topic demonstrate that to me - as someone with 20 years in an almost pure marketing field - I read your explanations on this topic and scratch my head. Examples as fundamentally flawed and simple as you espouse may make sense, but they most likely don't. imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
2) I have met DJ family a few times, parents, brothers, met him twice... Knowing his family means nothing in this thread.
Correct. Why then, in the past, have you used this to bolster the weight of your argument on a number of occasions when it means nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
3) I do not mind admiting I am wrong if it can be proven to me (remember, engineer).
The occasion your were you would not - when you were so sure and supported the guy who claimed Djokovic was signing with Nike. It ended with the story morphing into "it'll happen in early 2013 now".
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
However, so far, Bobby's been playing a single card - Novak would be crazy to wear the shoes that fit him perfect without getting big $$$$ yet, Murray, was "crazy" for quite a few years.
Because it is, basically, the trump card - one which makes more sense than any variation of the scenarios you've suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Telling me how crazy it would be to accept the ST/uniqlo deal Limiting him on the shoe deal, yet, Adidas (worth 1000...x) is crazy not to put world's #1 face on their page or have their name on his page.. Maybe it is the sports marketing?
We've been over the obvious reasons for this dozens of times. You just have myopia when it comes to reasoning which doesn't fit your already firm views.

To me, that seems out of place for someone with an engineering background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
4) I have trained with the top player on these boards who coached at Newcomb's, Sanchez and is currently coaching at Prague's top clubs. He was and is sponsored and has shared some insights.
Irrelevant imo. Unless he was in the league of top players comparing his sort of sponsorship to that of a top player folly. These are deals which require head-office buy in and form the centre-point for their entire global marketing campaigns. A coach or coaching clinic is, at best, a local arrangement. Even the Bollitieri academy's sponsorship deals in the late 80s and 90s were irrelevant in the scheme of things. And they were possibly the best known tennis academy in the world at that stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Again, I am not saying Bobby is wrong or right, and that I have facts. I am just questioning the logic of outdated model shoes, no face on web pages, no single google link on his sponsorship.... And then, the Murray thing that was newer answered....
Details and scenarios which have been covered many times already.
__________________
...

Last edited by Bobby Jr : 11-25-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
Bobby Jr is offline   Reply With Quote