View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
winstonplum
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 View Post
Winston, what stands out is that you yelled and showed so much negativity when you double-faulted to make it deuce in the second set. You were two points away from the match, you have to stay positive and hold it together there. Try to laugh that off. Be arrogant and cocky in your mind, not negative and weak. That outburt of negativity probably gave your opponent a huge HUGE boost. Get em next time!
You're totally right. Stay positive and hold it together there. One reason that you could say that you learn a lot from losing is that if I'm in that same situation a month from now or a year from now, I'll remember what I did wrong last time and won't make the same mistake twice.

I also have got to stop with the negativity. It's just getting ridiculous. The yelling at myself, the insulting myself, the sarcastic comments about myself--all out loud. Hitting balls into the fence; kicking the fence. All of it has to stop. I should try to model myself after Federer. One never knows what the heck that guy is thinking.
winstonplum is offline   Reply With Quote