View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
TW Staff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMD View Post
There have been comments on these boards that the production model TTW MP circa 2000
Played differently than the current model being sold at TW
I had a good experience with the older version.
Now playing mostly doubles and this should be ideal if it has not changed. So Andy I see this is one of your rkts any comments on the old VS new issue
Ah, one of my favorite racquets to play with, and hands down my favorite racquet to play around the net with. The current ones we sell are the exact same as the older model, so they should perform the same. However, one thing to consider is the quality control during the production of racquets. Often times, when racquet companies are mass producing racquets, the specs from racquet to racquet of the same model can be slightly different, and especially when a racquet has been around for a longer period of time. It is not uncommon for people to buy two or three "stock" racquets at one time and feel that they are slightly different from one another.

This may be the case for people that feel that the old one plays different than the new one. The ones we sell now should be the same racquet as ones in years past.

Hope this helps!

Andy, TW
TW Staff is offline   Reply With Quote