View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
TimothyO
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
guys...there is no ONE NUMBER for swingweight. It is an average, just like static weight and can vary depending on the luck of the draw. If you have a limit or range for your swingweight, best bet is to pay TW the extra $10 for matching service or bring a scale to your local store. Lower static weight will usually correspond with lower swingweight.

In my experience, my actual swingweight numbers are usually 5 to 10 pts higher on a local RDC machine as compared to TW's published numbers. If they say 315, I will usually get around 320-325 on my machine. I think they also measure without overgrip and dampener.
That's interesting. When I use TW's calculator and manual procedure my results are consistently under spec by several points. It doesn't bother me since I'm simply trying to match relative specs for my own frames. I'll mod one while hitting on the court with a friend a few times until it feels right, measure it once I'm home, and then match the others to it using scale, balance board, and calculator.