View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
MarTennis
Rookie

Default You are absolutely doing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usta10sfan View Post
I really enjoy reading these messages. It makes me understand how lucky I am to live in America.

My son is playing junior tennis and would like to play in a national championship. Instead of whining about the USTA, he is trying to stay home and get better by playing lots of good players near his home. If he doesn't qualify from his Section (Florida) then he doesn't deserve to compete with the best (and judging from these messages maybe a lot who aren't the best). He will play college varsity tennis - likely without a scholarship - but it's pretty hard for most boys now. The college coaches we have spoken with tell us no boy gets a full scholarship these days. Coaches are trying to spread their 4.5 scholarships to as many players as they can.
...the right thing. But IMHO, avoid gloating. It just makes things nasty quick. We all want a competitive fair system. These changes will apparently be very difficult for many. No use can come of appearing to rub it in. Just help your youngster keep grinding.