View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #14
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I think I know what you mean. I noticed some good forehands and backhands. But sometimes it seems that on the OP's forehand his arms leads the body instead of the body leading the arms.

I think that the follow through is a result of the swing and should not be main goal. Some forehands he hit with a nice follow through were, in my opinion, led by active body weightshift/rotation and the arm followed through naturally. What do you think?
I agree. Many, maybe most, shots had nice follow through. He seemed to be striking most shots pretty cleanly, but it's just that something about his technique doesn't seem quite optimal to me. I'm not skilled or knowledgeable enough to articulate what that is. And, of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just a matter of taste or style.

The only thing I'm sure about is that the OP should make the next batch of vids with a better camera perspective, either from in front or behind, and about head height or a little higher if possible.