Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #45
tennis_pro
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falstaff78 View Post
Hey guys.

Just a quickie to say hello. I've been a voracious reader of the TTW boards for about 18 months, but this is my first post.

Have been a fan of tennis for about six years now, but the last 18 months is when I've really started intensely following the ATP tour week to week. I think this transition was enabled, in large part, by access to the history, insight and range of opinions shared by the TTW community at large. So my first act as a poster ought to be one of gratitude and acknowledgement to everyone.

I've come to know and respect a number of you in the last year and a half. This is the internet guys, and you all knew that when you started posting. So it should only sound moderately creepy if I say in some cases I even think of you as friends: Batz, McEnroeisanartist, Mustard, Towser come to mind, in no particular order.

Anyway I live in the UK, am studying for a PhD in Economics. My allegiance is to the guy with the elegant strokes. (As a greater man than I once said in a greater thread than I will ever create.) My first sporting passion in life was test cricket, but at various times I have also closely followed baseball and American football.

So yeah, that's that. See you guys around.
Like your post especially the part in bold. Welcome aboard the Federer Warehouse. Love Fed, hate on Nads and you'll have a lot of friends here, trollolol