View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
Chotobaka
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavna View Post
I do weeks at both Saddlebrook and Newks on a regular basis for years.....love both. Since I live about 2 1/2 hrs from Newks and my youngest is at the academy there I am partial to Newks. Really no matter which adult program you choose you will get solid tennis - Newks tries to have a laid back "Aussie" style with solid workouts but lots of bar time in the evening - hahaha and on many weekends you can get some really solid players the accommodations are nice but for sure not 4star. Saddlebrook sells itself a bit more upscale and the tennis workshops can be brutal (I remember a bootcamp workout a few yrs ago on the 2nd day and I could barely walk back to my condo).

The Academy at Club Med at Sandpiper (near Port St Lucie, FL) is also good as long as you do the Academy Program - I like it as well but it is pretty expensive As you have to pay an extra fee for the Academy intensive total tennis - of course all the extras you get with the Club Med package is great - only negative is the location as it really does not have a beach (it's on the intercoastal) and they have a baby club (some weeks it seems that's all you see are lots and lots and lots of kids).
Newks has to be the most unique, friendly and fun vibe of any tennis camp I have attended, while still providing excellent tennis coaching. And it also has to be the best value in quality adult camps -- very reasonably priced.

For something less all-inclusive and less isolated, check out weeklong Brady adult camps in SoCal.
Chotobaka is offline   Reply With Quote