View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #7408
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
Agree on that. TBH I've long been of the opinion that Bale could do even better at Real or Barca - he is that good. Brilliant to see us win two on the trot though, and hopefully this can really springboard us into some top form for the Xmas/New Year run in.
Bale had an OK match, I saw he had a part in the own goal but other than that looked good going forward. That was a wicked free kick though.

I don't think he'd fit at Real Madrid, they already have 2 attacking left backs, among a derth of awesome left sided players. He's not better than Ozil nor Di Maria, so he wouldn't play up top, he is too fast to sit in the midfield, and Marcelo is a better defender than him (which isn't saying much) as is Coentrao.

At Barcelona, would they start him over Jordi Alba? I don't think so, but they'd find room in their side for him.

Maybe he could head to Serie A instead, Juve or Inter would suit him nicely. He'd be awesome at Napoli in their system but that'd be a step sideways in his game and not a step forward.