View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #47
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by will3689 View Post
Just played a match in my local tennis league and lost two very close sets and had two set points in the second set but bottled them both. I know we play this game for fun and i did really enjoy the match but i cant stop thinking about them two set points and what i shoud have done differntly. Was thinking does anyone else lose sleep over losing a match or is this just me?
Well, I've never lost sleep over losing at anything. But I can empathize with your discomfort over losing a very close match. I've blown more set and match points than you can shake a stick at.

You probably just tightened up a bit on those set points because you really wanted and were really trying to win. That's not a bad thing. Happens to everybody from time to time. Hey, that's what makes competition fun and interesting, and challenging.

Hopefully you're a better and wiser player because of your experience, both winning and losing.

Kipling ...

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss.

Don't worry about the past. It doesn't exist any more. But remember it, because it's what we learn and grow from.

Last edited by TomT : 11-29-2012 at 01:07 AM.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote