View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
chippy17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ray View Post
At that age they will usually need a light frame and lots of power. I know a few older players fairly well around that age who range from decent to surprisingly good players.

V1. I haven't hit with a Pro Kennex in a long time but they are supposed to be powerful and arm friendly. Babolat Pure Drive 107 is very powerful and surprisingly comfortable (Check the TW description and user reviews).
she was a very handy player in her youth, not quite world class but not far off, but she is extremely rusty

she of course grew up playing with wooden rackets and the heavy graphite ones so weight has never been a problem before but I hit with her the other day and lent her one of my Redondo's and after about 10mins she said it was too heavy for her, but I worry that a light tweener with ooodles of power is going to far the other way

personally the redondo is one of the nicest rackets I have played with for a long time and after a year of playing with it I have decided i will stick with this racket for the forseeable, i would not call it powerful but i can generate my own so not an issue for me, very arm friendly even set up like I have with full poly

I fear that if she plays with a really light racket she will miss a bit of stability?
chippy17 is offline   Reply With Quote