Thread: Mixed doubles
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
anubis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
If you are a legitimate 3.0 guy, you have two choices: 6.0 mixed or 7.0 mixed.

I would suggest 7.0 mixed. You will get to face 3.5 and 4.0 guys, and that will be fun. You will have a 4.0 female partner. She will not knock the fuzz off the ball, but she will be much more consistent than you are. You might do very well.

One suggestion, though. Please don't assume you should serve first just because you are the dude. If your serve is wonky, you two might do better having her serve first, especially if you are good/imposing at net.

I have played with 3.5 guys, and they always assume they should serve first. They are correct in all situations so far except one. That guy couldn't get his serve in to save his life. We did much better holding when I served than when he did so I obviously should have served first.

Needless to say, that didn't happen. Needless to say, we lost.
Thank you Cindy. I'll ping my group for any 3.5 women who are OK "slumming it" with a 3.0 male partner. The winter mixed league is my only opportunity to train during the winter months, so I want to make sure that the people really want to play, not to be a purely "social" thing. In regards to serving, I actually don't like serving first, so that's not an issue.
anubis is offline   Reply With Quote