View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
scotus
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by corners View Post
I don't care for that. The entire sole of the foot should rest flat on the midsole of the shoe, with nothing riding up or over. In most shoes my entire 5th metatarsal is riding up on the edge of the midsole, which nowadays have ridges all along the lateral edge. Pressure on the 5th metatarsal sends signals to your nervous system to pronate and evert the foot, which is not a good thing.

You don't care for it because you have tried stretching the shoes, or you just don't like the idea?

Here's another recommendation: Put a piece of moleskin over the spot directly on the skin. I have large bunions and bunionettes so I have to do this all the time, or else the friction kills me.

Just try it once and report back.

By the way, it sounds to me that you need to see a podiatrist and have orthotics made. If you notice a gradually growing distance between the 4th and the 5th metatarsal, you can buy wider shoes but your 5th metatarsal will continue to get farther and farther apart and your foot will grow wider if you don't address the problem (so says my podiatrist).

Last edited by scotus : 11-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
scotus is offline   Reply With Quote