View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #48
Circa 1762
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zed View Post
Not to intrude, but in terms of feel, is the IG Prestige Pro more similar to the Austrian PT280/PC600s or the Microgel Radical MP? I'm not speaking in terms of flex, but sheer "feel." While the MGRadical is a "nice" racquet, I'd place it closer to the APDGT rather than the PT280 in terms of solidness (vs. hollowness), while exhibiting an almost porcelain-like brittle feel (not sure if that even makes sense).

Also, does the IGPP have anywhere near a heavy-ball in comparison to the PT280? The PT280 just has this beautiful tendency of unleashing absolute cannons with heavy spin when employing a full-western grip.

Thanks, all.
Hmm. My current rackets are Youtek Prestige MPs, and even though the IG Prestige Pro has a smoother feel, it still has the same type of brittle, ceramic-like feel as the Youtek MPs. I've hit with the MG Radical MP before, though, and it felt much more muted, and not nearly as ceramic-like.

That said, I've also hit with the newest Pure Drive Roddick, and the Prestige Pro is definitely less hard on the arm than those. Unfortunately, I can't compare to the PT280, but I have a hunch the Prestige Pros don't quite have the feel you're looking for.
Circa 1762 is offline   Reply With Quote