View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
Crisstti
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsomyr View Post
I found this passage way more interesting:

I'm not sure what his aim was with this. Clearly, players have and are doping after Puerta (Odesnik).
I think he was referring to players of a certain level. The whole quote (he seemed to barely remember about Puerta's case):

Federer and Murray called for more blood tests at the end of the year, for tennis to be clean. Are they really necessary?
I don't anything of anyone, those in charge can do what they think they should. I'm calm and since I know Rafael is completely clean, I don't think it possible for anyone to dope. I can't get it into my head that someone would intentionally cheat. If the ATP considers it'd be better for doping security to increase testing, they can do what they think is right. I say: I can't get it into my head that anyone would intentionally dope.

But there are demonstrated cases.
In tennis?

Mariano Puerta, for example.
Yes. Puerta could have hurt us and it's a case I think itís perfect. If he really doped, well sanction, goodbye, forgotten him and forgotten the issue. Now, since that case I don't remember tennis players having doped among the people who more or less play on the tour at a good level because it seems to me everybody is clean. We have many tests every year and I mean everyone on the tour. It's difficult to dope.