View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #58
batz
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeri888 View Post
He didn't really say that, and if he really thinks that he's stupid. However, Murray also didn't convince me after the US Open that he is the man to beat and a favourite over Roger and Rafa. Of course is US Open showed he can win a slam. We already knew that, but it showed he's in the mix more than ever. However, I can relate to monfed's comment in a sense that his post US Open play was somewhat disappointing and kind of showed that he at this point is not yet where Djokovic is in that department. Does that mean he cant win the AO? Sure not. He cna totally win it. But to me it also showed that particularly Djokovic is still at a bit of a higher level in terms of consistency, which makes him the favourite over Murray. This might've been different had Murray also won say Shanghai and WTF
He strongly implied it Joeri. For the record, I was also disappointed about Murray's performances after the USO, he could easily have won in Tokyo, Shanghai and Paris - his lapses versus Noel and Sexi at the WTF were also disappointing - but not too disapointing as he'd just won the USO

Murray himself has said in the last week that in the last couple of years he has been fixated on winning a slam - to the detriment of his performances in the lesser events, and that he will be looking to be much more consistent in 2013.