View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #42
BHiC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2 View Post
I'm not even going to really answer this question. I'm right handed the pictures are of the left shoe. Think about tennis and the physics of the ball and I'm sure you can figure it out.
Alright, I have thought about the physics of a tennis ball. I still can't see how a majority of the people can drag their toes like that. Honestly when I tried to recreate wearing that part of your shoe, I assumed that you were right handed and this was the left shoe. I still felt like my ankle was going to break! I told you, I play 20+ hrs a week, and my shoes do not have ANY wear at the spot you showed. I think that this is just an unlucky case of that the shoe is not build for someone who moves like you do. Not every shoe is perfect for every style of movement, and I think you found the one that doesn't hold up to your style. Not everyone has your style of movement, and I would bet that the majority of tennis players do not wear that spot on their shoes. This does not mean the shoes are bad for everyone, they just are for you. It also does not mean that everyone who doesn't move like you is bad at tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
If you played on carpet, then it's kind of expected. One month of playing indoors (carpet) eats sole of my shoes more than 4 months playing on red clay. It's simply crazy abrasive, and any friction from skidding simply melts plastics/polyuretane on you shoes.
Ok, I completely agree with this, but the OP did not have a problem with the sole durability of the shoe. He burnt a hole through a spot that Nike was assuming the majority of tennis players would not wear out on their shoes.

Last edited by BHiC : 11-30-2012 at 05:08 AM.
BHiC is offline   Reply With Quote