batz
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicare View Post
Oh yeah? And what if when federer was 10, I told you that this guy will:

- be top 10.
- win 1 major.
- win 17 majors.

Can you tell me the odds on each one of those?

Federer/nadal/murray/djokovic all have very good builds for football. Ultimately we will never know but the amount of coordination/footwork needed for tennis would be handy in football.

I dont know if you watched the interview with peter schmeichel on the atp site but he said that nowadays the football coaches have realised that the best sport to do in conjunction with football is tennis and a lot of players even at the pro level are encouraged to play tennis. i know for a fact that ronaldo absolutely loves tennis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZOPi0LVXbs

INB4 yanks calls it soccer.. idiots.

Much lower than him having the aptitude for being a world class performer in tennis AND football - wouldn't you say?

I don't get what point you are trying to make in the bolded paragraph? That tennis is a good complementary sport for footballers to play? I suppose it could well be - but that has no bearing on the chances of Federer being a world class perfromer at football AND tennis.

Finally, the word soccer is an English invention, it came about to differentiate Association Football from Rugby Football - Rugger and Soccer.

Last edited by batz : 11-30-2012 at 04:53 AM.
batz is offline   Reply With Quote