View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #588
racertempo
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisspieler View Post
And a heavier Wilson Steam 105S.
Isn't that why they make lead tape, for personal customization? I love a 105 frame size but hate the weight and the balance of most. I find most are strung weight around 10-10.5 and around an even balance for a little HH. This one is heavier at 10.8 strung and 4 HL, which is a great improvement, now just a tiny bit of tape gets you to the 99s weight which is only 11 strung.

I loved the 105s and I did what the previous post mentioned, hit for a long time with a partner who I have had for the past few years and he told me to "buy a case" of the Steam 105s. No ballooning here, more pace and more spin. That having been said, I am the kind of hitting that even with spin, I only clear the net by about 12-24 inches on average.....so I am working on clearing a little higher now that I have spin that will drop it in.

If I had any issue it was balls low over the net with a lot of spin that dropped in the middle of the service box and allowed him to come forward and attack....just my thoughts on the 105s.
racertempo is offline   Reply With Quote