View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
bobbything
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRPolice View Post
Captains "do what they have to do" all the time with or without players consent. That comes with a leadership role in general. It's easy to say what is "shady" and what is not, but the reality is that sometimes they break rules to improve the overall better picture.

Firstly, I question your "4.5" claim. Unless you had a "touring pro" playing for you I seriously doubt anyone would get DQ'ed at the 4.5 "S" level and certainly not a DQ resulting in match score reversals/defaults. For someone to be DQ'ed as a 4.5 "S" they would have either be literally a touring pro or using an alternate account and/or alias. Even if they guy played D1 singles the year before, he can still self-rate as a 5.0 and appeal down to a 4.5. Even if he gets "DQ'ed" in the first year, it would be a ratings DQ and would not result in all of his/her matches being overturned.

Secondly, captains always "do deals" amongst themselves. Sometimes this is to protect a 5 line default, miscommunication, or be "social". Sometimes they do this to protect their players or themselves.
Well, to your first point regarding your "touring pro" reference, what you're saying is simply incorrect. Yes, he could self-rate at a 5.0 and appeal it down, but that's not what happened. I'd be happy to post the link to the years and you'll see what happened. We were undefeated, he got DQ'd, and subsequently, one of our 3-2 victories changed to a 2-3 loss. Take a look. You'll see that our team won 3-2, a "DQ" next to his name, and at the bottom of the page, the explanation.

To your second point, I don't know if you're referring to my specific anecdote but I can assure you, they didn't do it to "protect" anyone. They did it to try and get 5 match wins. It was fairly obvious what was going on.