View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Poobah
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotobaka View Post
The VO2 12 Pack is cavernous and has two features that are best of breed: (1) the backpack system is simply better than anything else out there; (2) the completely separate wet/shoe area is unique and also better than anything else available. Lack of thermal has never been a problem with years of use in SoCal, Japan and SE Asian summers. I regularly carry racquets strung with natural gut.

The Pacific holds its shape really well. Really, really well. And, both racquet compartments are thermal. Thermal is extremely high quality in terms of both material and manufacturing. Shoulder straps are pretty much just OK -- nothing special -- just normal. Not like the TF's. Grab handle system is robust. Although this is tagged as XXL, think super six pack. Having switched from TF to Fisher and Pacific racquets (due to injury) I have no gripes about using this bag once I dialed in my own way of packing it. However, I would have never left TF if it weren't for the equipment change.

Another one to consider is the Tecnifibre Stand Bag. I also have this one and, while it doesn't have the capacity of the VO2 Max, it is a great bag. Even better compartmentalization, great backpack system and great overall cool quotient.

Too bad there isn't a demo program for bags
Thank you for the further insights, Chotobaka - extremely helpful - I really appreciate it. I'll have to look up the Tecnifibre Stand Bag as well. If anyone else has any other insights or thoughts to add - I'm still watching this thread for inputs!
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote